How to configure DHCP server on Fedora?
Is there any package available on Fedora 11 ?
Thanks
How to configure DHCP server on Fedora?
Is there any package available on Fedora 11 ?
Thanks
Hi,
im not an experienced but i have done myself. if possible you can try this..
1. su -c "yum -y install dhcpd"
2. edit file: su -c "vi /etc/dhcpd.conf"
default-lease-time 4000;
max-lease-time 8000;
authoritative;
ddns-update-style interim;
option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.1; #-- your gateway internet //chose your own
subnet 192.168.2.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
range 192.168.2.1 192.168.2.6; #-- your internal lan/wlan for intranet //chose your own
option broadcast-address 192.168.2.7;
option routers 192.168.1.1; #-- your gateway address for internet//chose your own
}
3. set your firewall to allow dhcpd
4. su -c "chkconfig dhcpd on"
5. su -c "service dhcpd restart"
I hope this will help.
have a nice time and try.![]()
Thanks for the info, any other idea ?
You can also assign DHCP reservations as well (instead of using static IP's on each computer).
Replacing your MAC ID and inserting an IP on your specific subnet.Code:host [computer-hostname] { hardware ethernet 00:04:f2:16:c2:ca; fixed-address 10.10.3.102; }
There's a lot of good documentation on it, and might even be a GUI tool to configure it.
At any rate, here's a RH document on it--although written for RHEL 5.2, the principles are the same.
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5....ng-server.html
--
http://srobb.net
Hi I just upgraded to F12 (fresh install), from F8, and copied my dhcpd.conf. Host names and interfaces are the same. I installed F12 on a second partition, so I can go back if necessary. I get the following error starting dhcpd:
Jan 16 12:42:59 neo dhcpd: No subnet declaration for eth1 (192.168.1.3).
Jan 16 12:42:59 neo dhcpd: ** Ignoring requests on eth1. If this is not what
Jan 16 12:42:59 neo dhcpd: you want, please write a subnet declaration
Jan 16 12:42:59 neo dhcpd: in your dhcpd.conf file for the network segment
Jan 16 12:42:59 neo dhcpd: to which interface eth1 is attached. **
I had this same dhcpd.conf on F8 for years with no errors:
ddns-updates on;
ddns-update-style interim;
allow client-updates;
server-name "neo.erasmix.net";
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
option routers 192.168.1.3;
option ip-forwarding on;
option broadcast-address 192.168.1.255;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
#option nis-domain "erasmix.net";
option domain-name "erasmix.net";
option domain-name-servers 64.81.79.2, 216.231.41.2;
option time-offset -8; # Pacific Standard Time
range dynamic-bootp 192.168.1.11 192.168.1.254;
...
What am I doing wrong?
Erasmix
---------- Post added at 09:36 PM CST ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM CST ----------
OK, figured it out. It's using /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf, not /etc/dhcpd.confInteresting fact, even WEBMIN is missing this change. Out of desperation I had webmin go ahead and generate a quick and dirty dhcpd.conf and I still got the same error. That was the clue.