Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd June 2009, 04:34 PM
swanley007 Offline

SELinux Policy

Hello all;

I have a HP laptop that I have dual booted with Linux for about 3 years now. I am having issues now for some strange reason.

On this machine I had Windows XP and FC10 running fine. I decided that I needed more space for Fedora, so I would increase the partition size and do a fresh install.

I cleared the room for FC10 making all of the linux space unallocated an during the install I tell Fedora to use free space.

My setup is that I have Two HD's in the machine. I install Fedora on the free space on drive 2 and boot from drive 1.

I have had some issues though with the new install. First I got the install to work fine, but then I got a strange checking disk scan on the first boot and when I did load the OS many of the things installed were missing or corrupt such as yum and firefox. Or things simply would not run. I decided to start over.

Now after a couple of installs I keep getting the same message that SELinux could not load the policy halting. Also there is a line about the pathe of the policy with a 23(Ithink) not being found.

Finally, I have used two different DVD install disks downloaded and burned from two different sites on two different computers to ensure it is not my media.

Like I said this exact same computer in the exact same configuration just a smaller partition has run a dual boot between Fedora and Windows for about 3 years. What is going on......any help would be great?

Tags
policy, selinux