Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th September 2004, 08:56 AM
corroded Offline

Question Problems booting FC2 on a NEC Versa E6000(n00b)

Hey guys.....first post here(hooray for me)...........

Having issues getting FC2 to boot on my NEC Versa E6000 (Specs below)

Pentium M 1.7
512 ddr pc2700
60gb IDE
Raedeon 9100 ipg 128(shared)
Audio Controller Analog Device AD1981B Audio CODEC
Audio Codec AC 97 V2.2
1024 x 768 (XGA)
Modem 56K V.92 Data/Fax MDC Modem
LAN On-board 10/100 MBPS FastEthernet
Wireless LAN Atheros 802.11b/g WIreless Module (54mbps)
USB Port 4 x USB2.0
IEEE - 1394 1

Basically install went fine(as with RH9), but it will not boot(as with RH9), it will get to the initial start up screen, the one you get after the reboot following install..........then it hangs, alt+crtl+del does no good, only way to reboot is a hard power off. BTW XP still boots fine.
Old 16th September 2004, 08:58 AM
imdeemvp Offline

did you erase any previous linux partitions and did a fresh install or did your upgrade?

Easiest and most friendly desktop ever is PCLinuxOS! Includes all this apps. Just try it.

"The greater the struggle THE greater the achievment."

Do you know HIM?

If you are an idiot click here. NThis will test you linux skills :D
Old 16th September 2004, 09:05 AM
corroded Offline

Indeed I did, I have previously install Mandrakelinux 10 community on there, but that partion was blown away and made from scratch.........................
Old 16th September 2004, 09:10 AM
imdeemvp Offline

now how much hd space are you allocating for fc2? you need at least 5-7b if you are doing an INSTALL EVERYTHING

Easiest and most friendly desktop ever is PCLinuxOS! Includes all this apps. Just try it.

Do you know HIM?

Old 16th September 2004, 09:16 AM
corroded Offline

~35gb allocated for FC2....should be more than enough me thinks .........strange how it's only done this with RH based distros.......................
Old 16th September 2004, 09:25 AM
imdeemvp Offline

i never had problems installing rh or fc....as long as the partitions are setup correctly did you create the linux partitions or did you let fc do the automatic partition for you?

Do you know HIM?

Old 16th September 2004, 09:34 AM
corroded Offline

I let Disk Druid do it's job......mayhap I'll do them manually when I get home from work............I really want to get it up and running......get rid of that evil XP..............
Old 16th September 2004, 09:36 AM
imdeemvp Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by corroded
I let Disk Druid do it's job......mayhap I'll do them manually when I get home from work............I really want to get it up and running......get rid of that evil XP..............
or just try to re install and at the partitioning prompt, select erase any linux partitions see if this helps.....

Do you know HIM?

Old 16th September 2004, 09:39 AM
corroded Offline

Thanx for the advise.....might try that in my lunch break....if I can get enuff nicotine quickly enuff.....................
Old 16th September 2004, 09:40 AM
imdeemvp Offline

ok, good luck

Do you know HIM?

Old 16th September 2004, 11:09 AM
corroded Offline

Gave the previous post a shot......still no good.............any more ideas????????/
Old 17th September 2004, 12:12 AM
corroded Offline

Question

Well......just did a fresh install and I'm having the same issues...................no idea what could be causing this.......specialy scince mdk10 installed fine.........................but that had other issues that I wasn't happy with...........anymore thoughts?????

Tags
booting, e6000n00b, fc2, nec, problems, versa