Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th April 2009, 01:24 PM
kidfreundlich Offline

F10 sound not very loud (acer aspire laptop)

I'm an utter newbie to Fedora. Days ago my acer aspire 5730 used vista, but it got all edgy (bluescreen and driver failures and such), and I was convinced of using Fedora. I am very content so far, and occuring difficulties remained bearable. The expert who installed my fedora is currently travelling thus unreachable.

My problem is, the general sound level seems to be very low, as the maximum volume is at most half the volume it was with vista (if not less)... I listen to music a lot, so this is quite a problem to me.

I'd be thankful if anyone would tell me how to encounter this
Old 2nd May 2009, 06:02 PM
fredex Offline

I find the same thing on my eeepc.

I find that there are multiple mixer apps, and they ALL have to have their sliders at or near max to get decent sound volume.

first, there's the pulse audio mixer, should be on the leftmost dropdown menu on the desktop. max out all the sliders.

then there's the alsa mixer, on the right-most dropdown menu, under HARDWARE / SOUND, crank it all the way up too.

Everytime I install a new kernel on F10 I have to go back and do those steps again.

Tags
acer, aspire, f10, laptop, loud, sound