Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th May 2004, 07:51 PM
QMatteoQ Offline

Fedora is getting worser? Problem with the installation!

I've installed Fedora Core 1 on my notebook without any problem some months ago...
Now i can't reach to install Fedora Core 2: randomly, it block. One time it blocked after checking the media, one time it blocked during the packet copying, one time it blocked after the welcome screen...
What's happening? FC1 was so fine...
My notebook is an Athlon 2800+, 512 Mb RAM, 60 GB HD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9200...
Old 20th May 2004, 08:26 PM
cathal Offline

are you sure the cd's aint currupted
Old 20th May 2004, 10:45 PM
QMatteoQ Offline

Yes, i've tested it with the option at the beginning of the installation and it says that the media is ok...
Old 21st May 2004, 02:47 AM
Jman Offline

There should be some virtual consoles running in the background. Use <Ctrl><Alt> and a function key from F1 to F7 to switch between them (I think, I haven't tested this yet). They might provide some hints.
Old 21st May 2004, 09:25 PM
edal Offline

FC2 is Buggy

By all means test your disks but there are major problems with FC2 at the moment.

I have two systems at home and neither of them have got past the setup program yet, the laptop fails with a message saying that there is not enough disk space (on a 30Gb blank hard disk) and my VIA based server just reboots five seconds after starting a boot from disk one.

FC1 was a reasonable product, FC2 has significant unresolved issues.

Ed Almos
Budapest, Hungary

Tags
fedora, installation, problem, worser