Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th April 2009, 12:46 PM
milesgt Offline

Red face Fedora 10 cnt find my sata drive???

Hello every,
My name is Glenn
I have just changed my OS from Vista to Linux
Fedora 10
I am new to linux
After looking at my system I notice my SATA drive was not reconised its my 2nd drive
Is this a normal think or can it be fixed

Can you help please
Regards
Glenn
Old 19th April 2009, 07:25 AM
barf Offline

Hi Glenn welcome to Fedora and to Linux. How linux sees your drives will depend what you told it during the install, if you just accepted the defaults then Fedora willl probably have grabbed all available disk space on both drives and set up a LVM (logical volume manager). This will appear to the system as 1 large drive. There are a couple of GUI tools that will let you see the phyiscal disks. If you do have a LVM, install 'system-config-lvm' or use gparted. Be very careful with these as it is easy to stuff up your system so just look don't touch.

Last edited by barf; 19th April 2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: typo

Tags
cnt, drive, fedora, sata

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search