Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th April 2009, 02:17 PM
MarsCS Offline

LVM Deleted Help...

Hello,

I have an HP Laptop running FC10 and have 2 160GB HD's. The first HD is the main boot drive and the second HD is for data storage. I went to reinstall FC10 and had planned to delete the LVM on the boot drive and create a new one.

Of course my stupid self was in a hurry and deleted the LVM on the Data drive instead. I searched this forum for recovery options and was unable to find any info that applies.

When I go into the graphical LVM manager in Gnome the three partitions on the data drive appear unassigned and require initialization. This of course, according to the popup would result in a complete loss of data on the initialized partition.

The system shows the 2 of the partitions, sdb1 & sdb3, as being of type FAT32 and one, sdb2 as NTFS, but none of them are listed with filesystems. No LMV PV at all...

Is there anyway to recover the data? I mainly need to recover image files of the type CARW, a sony compressed raw image format.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...

Chris

Last edited by MarsCS; 15th April 2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 16th April 2009, 01:03 AM
bill_f Offline

I found this useful in a similar situation: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8874
Old 16th April 2009, 01:25 AM
kyryder

I ran across testdisk & photorec recently. They can be installed through add remove software. Test disk can "undelete" partitions.

Tags
deleted, lvm