Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > The Dungeon > Archived (Click Header To See Sub-Forums) > Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 11 Only)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 11 Only) Post Development Version comments and questions that don't belong in Bugzilla here. These posts will be moved or deleted once the Final version is released

Old 6th April 2009, 02:46 PM
cetko Offline

Psi 0.12.1 2.fc11 problems

Hello there,
I tried to install Beta Fedora 11 during weekend.
I found 2 problems with Psi 0.12.1 and i do not know if it is user problem or some settings.

Package is
Name : psi
Arch : i586
Version : 0.12.1
Release : 2.fc11
Size : 5.9 M

Although i see that history files are updated in ~/.psi/profiles/default/history directory when i try to see this history in application it it empty. So history files are written but can load them in application Psi.

Second very ANNOYING problem is, that roster does not have focus.
If i want to write to someone, i click on him, it should be highlated. But it is not. So i have to resize window to highlight it.
Or change view and turn off offline users. It is refreshed when roster window is resized.

I hope you understand me and i am wondering if anyone else experienced this behaviour.

Thank you for your help
Old 7th April 2009, 02:48 PM
bsund Offline

Strange I have none of those problems.

rpm -qa psi
psi-0.12.1-2.fc11.i586

The focus thing can be a wm problem I guess, running fine here on standard gnome. I know compiz had some problems with focus stuff before.
Old 7th April 2009, 02:58 PM
cetko Offline

I am in discussion with guys on bugzilla.redhat and it seems as bug in QT 4.5.0 for them.
Also i raised question on flyspray.psi-im and i will inform here what they find.

If Psi client is offline, history is visible, after connection it loose focus on roster and history disappear.

I created screencast of this behaviour and sent it to them.
Old 7th April 2009, 06:10 PM
bsund Offline

Great stuff, absolutely the best way to go.

It's only me and my friend who use jabber on a common server.

I found some funny stuff happening when chatting with him, now I just checked if history worked which it did, and the focus stuff worked great (but he was offline)

Tags
focus, psi, refresh, roster