FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Dedasen Guest

    fglrx in Fedora 11 beta

    I'm trying to install fglrx in Fedora 11 beta so to try my new HD4850 card but get a dependency error (kmod missing). I have fusion rawhide nonfree activated. My kernel is: 2.6.29.1-46.fc11.x86_64.

    I have tried downloading the binary from ATI and running it but I get: Error: ./default_policy.sh does not support version.

    Anyone with an ATI card that knows the answer?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RPM Fusion will have a patched kmod for the new Xserver and kernel 2.6.29 (it's the Ubuntu 9.4 beta + a 2.6.29 patch) soon, I submitted it for building yesterday. Just a word of warning though, a known side effect of using the kmod with a 2.6.29 kernel (at the moment) is that fglrx spews tons of errors into your logs, so you'll want to keep a close watch on the file sizes of /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg to make sure they don't fill up your root drive
    [+] My open source software and blog
    [+] Some of my howtos: (for full list, click here)

  3. #3
    Dedasen Guest
    Yikes, thank you for the warning.

Similar Threads

  1. Where can I get Fedora 10 beta?
    By schmidty313 in forum Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 10 Only)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th November 2008, 08:40 PM
  2. First look: Fedora 10 Beta
    By satyajit.r in forum Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 8th October 2008, 11:03 AM
  3. Fedora 10 - Beta
    By djblack in forum Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 10 Only)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2nd October 2008, 04:07 AM
  4. Fedora 10 Alpha-Beta Upgrade from Fedora 9 issues alsa
    By snostorm in forum Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 10 Only)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18th September 2008, 04:13 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22nd June 2008, 10:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •