Some suggestions on getting the onboard Broadcom ethernet to work on the Dell Dimension 2400 "N" (The N series from Dell is a OS-less system, ideal for GLU [geeks-like-us])
Finally got the eth0 to work.
1. FC2 detects the card during installation.
2. Delete the eth0 device and hardware from system tools/network
4. Make sure that eth0 is not available during boot
5. From another machine download linux-3.0.7.tar.gz from the Broadcom website (you should have done this earlier!).
6. Extract the tarball and build it:
If no errors then
7. Configure networking to use the eth0 now.
This was (is) a pain in both FC1 and FC2 as the built in b44.ko module is flaky. Rather than debug use this I felt that this is better done by building the module locally.