Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Wibble
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Wibble A place to have a sensible chat, about anything non linux related. Please remember that political and religious topics are not permitted.

View Poll Results: How long have you been comming here?
Todays my first day 2 4.76%
1 week 7 16.67%
1 month 5 11.90%
3 months 13 30.95%
6 months 8 19.05%
9 months 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th September 2004, 07:17 PM
nekkid Offline

I most certainly am! I was actually forced into Linux as my machine refused to install Windows XP and I originally started with RH9 and moved to FC1 and just very recently upgraded to FC2. I'm very pleased with Fedora. Love it! I use it as my main desktop to do everything.
Old 12th September 2004, 01:28 PM
sayeeth Offline

I have been here since 16-07-2004. So i chose 3 months :P. Well nekkid, its a good thing your system refused to install WinXP. Its hazardous for your computer. Any flavour of GNU/Linux especially Fedora Core is ideal! . Happy using FC!!
Old 12th September 2004, 01:50 PM
badfinger Offline

Well freinds, I'm just for a week here now or so. Anyway, I guess in Fedora I found a linux distro that seems to be equivalent to the word free Right now I run Fedora Core 1, updated.

Haven't posted yet, because I'm a linux newbie, and so I lurked a little, but I guess this thread here is the right place to say hello and tell some little bits about me.

My realname is Marcel Nebeling. I'm from Germany, live in Augsburg and I'm becomming a network administrator. I attended the Cisco Network Academy, have the CCNA and so far my education is going very well. In my sparetime, I write short stories (some even in english), love to read (for more than 5 yeras mostly english books), like to collect english books, play billard (a year or so in the club gave me the basics), love photoshop (so if you can help me out to run this on linux properly, I would appreciate it, because this would mean, that linux will only be booted for gaming purposes) and do graphic design. I'm also interested in computers, networks, security and such matters. But who hasn't guessed that I'm 26 years old (still). I love heavy metal, hardrock, blues and many more music types, as long as it is music, if you know what I mean :P

My linux advenvtures went from Mandrake (don't kill me for that), Red Hat (which is still my fave), SuSe (well, even as I'm German, I don't like it somehow), Debian (could you pls spell complicated :P) and now Fedora. In my academy I have also linux education, and now, as I got hooked up with some basics, I can say, I like it quite well. It's somehow very cool, to have the total controll about everything. Working with linux helps you to understand all things better, I would say.

I'm not a fighter against M$, because I know, I will have to face it in my job later and I would say, both linux and m$ have there right to exist. But I have to say, linux is somewhat cooler for an admin, as m$. At the desktop, Windows owns linux, because of the support of so much proggys. But if you have a way for me to run my loved Adobe Photoshop on linux, I have no real need to get back to Windows

Anyway, it's fun to be here. Best wishes to all and have a nice day!
-Badfinger
Old 18th September 2004, 11:17 PM
Cerberus Offline

Suppose im the newbie here. About 20 minutes on the forum.

Im not using fedora YET but will be as soon as i backup all my files. Ive tried it but the machine it was running on was just to old (read to slow) for it so its going on my main rig in the next few days.