Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th March 2009, 02:04 AM
Vector Offline
Banned

Thumbs up Comprehensive Linux Video Lessons and Articles

You can find comprehensive Linux Video Lessons and Articles, which include videos that SHOW you how to "do it", along with the text article, and the commands that you need to "do it" with. The videos are EXHAUSTIVE, meaning that i do not simply show you how to do something; i explain how it works, and why you should do it that way. This site ALSO offers downloads for resources used in the articles. For example, in the "Video Transcoding" tutorials, you can download all of the scripts used in the videos, so that you do not have to write them from scratch. You can also download the complete high-quality versions of the videos (instead of the 10-minute segments that are RE transcoded from youtube, and thus, not so good). The website also has Forums so that you can ask questions about the lessons, or whatever. The forums there are NOT meant to take users away from the forums HERE; it is primarily just a way for users to get help with things that they are trying to learn on the website, without having to send an email to the webmaster.

The website is:
http://LinuxIntro.com

Also, i own MANY websites that i am constantly working on (when i'm not in jail), so NEW or COMPLETED articles are a little slow to come by, but i try to push them out here and there.

Last edited by Vector; 18th March 2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 1st July 2009, 02:02 AM
Vector Offline
Banned

Ha, Linux.com has offered to publish some of my finished articles from LinuxIntro.com
Old 25th July 2009, 02:06 AM
Unsought Offline

I spent a few minutes on your site, just watching the videos there. I have to say, that looks like it's going to be a good website. It's an amazing idea. I'm really new to Linux, and all the tutorials and everything that I had to go through to get everything set up was just... It was intimidating. Your site looks like it could of eased the transition from Windows to Linux for me. Too bad I'm just finding it now, after I've pretty much got all the basic things set up.

I've bookmarked your site though, and I'm excited to see where it will go. Linux is definitely something that should be brought to the masses.
Old 25th July 2009, 02:20 AM
Vector Offline
Banned

Thanx; i work my ass of on it. The problem is that i also own several other websites, and develop everything myself, so it takes me much longer to get any content added to LinuxIntro. The videos aren't that bad, because i can run through them, and move on; but typing out the text is something that i just will not have time for until i get finished with http://eInformationOrganizer.com and it business counterpart.

At some point you will come across a lot of video tutorials that have no text, so i apologize for that in advance.