Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th August 2004, 04:02 PM
damienwx Offline

Forever looping startx

Hi,

I have a fresh FC2 installed and it works fine. But problem occurs after I shutdown quite a number of system services and reboot machine, I can never get back into XWindows. It loop forever around startx, apparently it depend on some services that I had already closed down.

How could I get out of the loop, I tried Ctrl-Alt-Backspace but no use.

Thanks,
Damien
Old 28th August 2004, 03:58 AM
crackers Offline
Retired Community Manager

You'll need to boot into either single user mode or into "runlevel 3" (both via GRUB). This technique has been discussed several times here, so if you use the search function, it should pop right up.

Then you'll need to figure out which were the "wrong" services to stop - my guess would be "xfs" since you're having issues with X.
Linux User #28251 (April '93)
Professional Java Geek :cool:

Tags
forever, looping, startx

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search