Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th January 2009, 08:31 PM
neogranas Offline

Map of visitors to put on a web page

As the title suggests, I want a graphical world map of visitors to my server. However, there are a few things that I would like for this map to do, but I'll give some background first. As anyone who can read my signature, I host a mirror for the compiz-fusion repo. I have all my access messages in my apache access_logs. I haven't split them up because I do not feel they need to be, and it's nice to watch one log for everything that goes on in my server. So here is what I want:

1. A program/script that watches the access_logs for any entry that has urlgrabber and yum near the end.
2. Take that output and put it on a large world map
2.5 That map can be put into any web page (php or html)

Does anyone know of something that can do that, or that are writing something like that and would let me use it for free in exchange for being a beta tester? I don't mind having a bigger logo plastered over where ocean is (on the map).
Registered linux user: #475337

Never underestimate someone with source code, a text editor, and the willingness to completely hose their system.

Tags
map, page, visitors, web