FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    yum's 'repomd.xml' is older than what we have?

    Hi,

    I get this message that the downloaded repmod.xml is older than the one I have.
    Running yum update on F10.

    []$yum update
    Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
    rpmfusion-nonfree-updates | 2.7 kB 00:00
    fedora | 2.8 kB 00:00
    Not using downloaded repomd.xml because it is older than what we have:
    Current : Mon Nov 24 10:13:02 2008
    Downloaded: Wed Nov 19 23:03:02 2008

    rpmfusion-free-updates | 2.7 kB 00:00
    rpmfusion-free | 2.7 kB 00:00
    updates | 2.3 kB 00:00
    rpmfusion-nonfree | 2.7 kB 00:00
    Setting up Update Process
    No Packages marked for Update

    Can I fix/remove the message?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    16,557
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try yum clean all and yum check-update.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

    I run yum clean all and yum check-update
    The warning is gone now so it seems to be fixed!

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. how to servive from my yum's crash?
    By withcloud in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th May 2009, 08:35 AM
  2. Can I set Yum's cachedir to point to an FTP location?
    By premudriy in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23rd October 2008, 07:45 AM
  3. stopping yum's cache
    By strawhatguy in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31st July 2004, 03:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •