Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st January 2009, 02:45 AM
jamesjpn Offline

Enigmail Decrypt and Open doesn't work for Word Docs

First of all, I want to thank the good folks who are members of this forum for always giving me a helpful answer every time I initiate a new thread. I don't like to do so before searching diligently for previous posts of others for the problem. But I can't find an answer to this one:

Using Thunderbird, I used to be able to right click on Engimail's Decrypt and Open to read PGP encrypted MS Word Doc extension files, but it suddenly stopped working. I think the upgrade to OpenOffice 3 had something to do with it. RTF files or any other types of files open with Enigmail's Decrypt and Open menu option, but not those that have the .doc extension. The error messages I get are:

2009-01-21 11:33:49.486 enigmail.js: Enigmail.stillActive:
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: Success

But no success! It just does nothing. Openoffice doesn't open the Word .doc document after it is decrypted.

Unencrypted Word Docs in Thunderbird open with no problem. I can only open encrypted Word docs with the Decrypt and Save option. I am using Fedora 10 64 bit version and the 64 bit version of Engimail.

I can't find anywhere in the Enigmail preferences that has to do with file association. Anybody else notice this problem? Any clues? A possible bug?

Last edited by jamesjpn; 21st January 2009 at 02:46 AM. Reason: To add more clarity

Tags
decrypt, docs, enigmail, open, word, work