Trek-Two
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trek-Two

Update:

Well ... it's too late to back out now. It's all titled, tagged, insured, assigned it's very own Wal*Mart gas card, and I've already burned up a quarter of a tank of fuel just futzing around town and Lamar County.

We got bored and adventurous Sunday afternoon, so with the War Department riding shotgun, we found a county road and followed it until we got stopped at a washed out bridge.

We discovered the tiny towns of Glory, Bairdstown, Broadway, Midway and the Junction of highways 19 and 24. Between them, we found a lot of just plain old northeastern Texas.

But all in all, it was a pleasant afternoon drive, and I even made a couple of new friends on the trip.

The one on the left was quite sociable. If I'd had a halter and a saddle blanket with me, I think we'd have gone for a little ride. Sadly I didn't, so we chatted a while, I fed her several clumps of succulent green grass (just out of reach on the road side of the fence) then gave her a head rub and a good scratching under the jaw, and we parted company.

Next weekend ... a full tank of fuel ... and another obscure county road.

<....>

Demz Guest
    great pictures there.. they turned out good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demz Guest
    what kinda Camera do you use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demz Guest
    nice camera.. i think my step father bought a Panasonic one ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been pretty pleased with this one. It's the best for knock-about field work. It's self contained, (except for external flash) and takes good quick shots and doesn't worry me too much should it get damaged. I know several dain-bramaged newspaper photosharks carrying $5,000.00 plus worth of gear out into the field. Usually bought on somebody elses (the company's) nickel. Not terribly smart, and radical overkill for the medium.

So, sooner or later I'll probably get a good D-90 Nikon with some really snazzy glass, but for now, this certainly does the trick. Catches great colors, too!

Demz Guest
    colors do come up extremely well

scottro is offline Retired Community Manager -- Banned from Texas by popular demand.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is quite beautiful. Re your comment about photo sharks, back in the early 70's, just after high school, I had a friend who was a very talented photographer. (I've lost touch with him now, though googling him one day indicates that he's a successful professional one now.)

At any rate, he told me (again with the equipment available back then) how some skilled photographer compared the shots he took with a Kodak Instamatic and the expensive equipment. Showing the work indicated that it's the workman, more than the tools. So, you've got something to be proud of there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice rig... Maybe I'm getting to be something of a retro-grouch, but when I want to take something more that a quick snapshot I'll reach for my Nikon FM2, or if I really feel like fussing around out comes the old 4x5 Crown Graphic... I know it's me when I even have to put my digital on a tripod to get more than a shaky blob.
    Obscurum per obscurius
    -the obscure (explained) by the more obscure.

bee Guest
    but why Dan there are a girl on the first picture? who is she? you've put the description for the two horses, but nothing for that girl!? this made me curious is she attacking your war wagon!? j/k

bye!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shhhh! Cripes, Bee! Lower your voice and leave it alone! If my wife ever finds out ... I'm in deep trouble! <....>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that it comes with a "navigation system" system too....(first pic)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. She's pretty good at it too. If I make a wrong turn ... I get whacked! <....>