Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 10th December 2008, 04:48 PM
changedtothis Offline

Angry dialog box not on add remove programs after install

hi
hope I am in right forum section. after install of fedora 9 on dual boot with windows xp home...when I go thru programs I do not get the dialog box with the large squares for add program or remove programs on choices in upper left corner. according to documentation which I have seen I should get a dialog box showing various software that is installed and some that can be installed classified according to use. ex editors 1 of 4 and various others listed installed etc. this does not appear. I have a dialog box but the listing I get does not give the option to add or remove at the top of dialog box I get choiches of <System Filters Help>. little squares beside installed pgms but nothing can be changed. seems I had these with puppy linux but finally gave up on that and went to fedora 9. hope I am making this clear enough for a response.
have posted other questions on this in other sections but came back here to see if maybe I should reinstall and start over? not giving up...going to keep trying

thanks

changedtothis

Last edited by changedtothis; 10th December 2008 at 04:54 PM.

Tags
add, box, dialog, install, programs, remove