Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Closed Thread

Old 7th December 2008, 10:25 AM
nightfrost Offline

Packagekit "failed to get a TID:" - rendered unusable

After the latest batch of updates today, I can no longer use PackageKit. Whatever I attempt to do (search, install, etc.), results in this error message. Any help appreciated!

Quote:
failed to get a TID: A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction" member "SetLocale" error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.PackageKit") (0)
I've found another "failed to get a TID:"-post in the forums. However, the solution posted in that thread, namely to killall packagekitd, didn't help here...
Old 7th December 2008, 10:31 AM
Demz

use Search in the Forum.. you'll find an answer to this problem as its been asked many times
Old 7th December 2008, 11:08 AM
findparadise Offline

i think it is a new problem after the update on 7th Dec.
i need help as well.
Old 7th December 2008, 11:18 AM
Fenrir Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfrost View Post
After the latest batch of updates today, I can no longer use PackageKit. Whatever I attempt to do (search, install, etc.), results in this error message. Any help appreciated!

I've found another "failed to get a TID:"-post in the forums. However, the solution posted in that thread, namely to killall packagekitd, didn't help here...
I've also got this same problem, starting this morning with the dbus updates to 1.2.6-1

I've searched the forums but the list of posts with failed to get a TID does not reveal anything that helps to fix it.

I'd appreciate a steer to what to do please. Killing packagekitd does not help, and two reboots and changes of booted kernel don't help either. Seems to be more than just a simple fix to me.
Old 7th December 2008, 11:51 AM
sergio.gil

I am having the same problem as you and no clues to solve it for now.
Old 7th December 2008, 11:55 AM
garyjohn80 Offline

same problem

Same problem here. Run a search of the forum but nothing seems to solve the problem.
Old 7th December 2008, 12:29 PM
nightfrost Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demz View Post
use Search in the Forum.. you'll find an answer to this problem as its been asked many times
Either something is wrong with the search engine at the forums, or this is a different problem :-)
Old 7th December 2008, 12:29 PM
benjavalero Offline

Same problem. I have just installed this morning from Net Install so updates have been installed automatically.
Old 7th December 2008, 12:55 PM
Razr331 Offline

Same problem, just want to install a RPM. But since i installed some updates i get that error message.
Old 7th December 2008, 01:00 PM
Jeromerg Offline

Same Problem: I updated 1 hour ago and then was unable to install new RPMs nor start again the update process.
Old 7th December 2008, 01:05 PM
findparadise Offline

I just wonder why the update is on Sunday
Old 7th December 2008, 01:13 PM
mariusmeyer Offline

Yes, this problem just came in for me as well, it's got to have something to do with all the updates to the packages that just arrived, gnome, dbus etc. I checked with yum though, and it still works installing things from there, it knows about the repos even though none show up in the program "Repositories" under System->Administration. Any repo admins around who knows anything about this yet? Thanks for any help =)
Old 7th December 2008, 01:32 PM
nightfrost Offline

I think there might be a problem here with hal. I've noticed a bunch of my Fn-keys stopped working as well, and /usr/share/hal/fdi/* was empty...
Old 7th December 2008, 01:43 PM
GezaBlade Offline

bummer, same thing

same thing for me, and will be after everyone updates today...... so a fix would be awesome.
Old 7th December 2008, 02:03 PM
markthecarp Offline

Same here with a fresh installation of Fedora 9. Below is output of "yum install gvim"...

Code:
[root@flounder ~]# yum install gvim
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package vim-X11.i386 2:7.1.291-1.fc9 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: vim-common = 2:7.1.291-1.fc9 for package: vim-X11
--> Running transaction check
---> Package vim-common.i386 2:7.1.291-1.fc9 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================================================
 Package            Arch         Version                 Repository       Size 
================================================================================
Installing:
 vim-X11            i386         2:7.1.291-1.fc9         fedora           1.0 M
Installing for dependencies:
 vim-common         i386         2:7.1.291-1.fc9         fedora           6.6 M

Transaction Summary
Install      2 Package(s)         
Update       0 Package(s)         
Remove       0 Package(s)         

Total download size: 7.6 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
(1/2): vim-X11-7.1.291-1.fc9.i386.rpm                    | 1.0 MB     00:01     
(2/2): vim-common-7.1.291-1.fc9.i386.rpm                 | 6.6 MB     00:08     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                           691 kB/s | 7.6 MB     00:11     
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing     : vim-common                                        [1/2] 
  Installing     : vim-X11                                           [2/2] 
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.30:/org/freedesktop/PackageKit: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member "Introspect" error name "(unset)" destination ":1.30")

Installed: vim-X11.i386 2:7.1.291-1.fc9
Dependency Installed: vim-common.i386 2:7.1.291-1.fc9
Complete!
Maybe I'm replying to the wrong thread but this one seems to be the closest to what I am experiencing.

If this is a different problem please let me know as I'll gladly make a new post.

EDIT: This seemed to be a security issue so I disable selinux using the System>Administration>SELinux Management" dialog. So this output is _after disabling SELinux and rebooting so that setting took affect.

-mark

Last edited by markthecarp; 7th December 2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: additional details
Closed Thread

Tags
only logout packagekit, update problems