FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Leoryk Guest

    Blender

    Hi, pleas i need help.I install fedora 10 and everything was ok, every detail.But if i download blender from blender.org or from repository.Blender after launch has very very low fps and I cannt see icons.I have Intel GMA 945 and I have latest driver and to in other distribution blender works fine.
    Pleas help it is very big problem for me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Seattle , WA
    Age
    69
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leoryk
    Hi, pleas i need help.I install fedora 10 and everything was ok, every detail.But if i download blender from blender.org or from repository.Blender after launch has very very low fps and I cannt see icons.I have Intel GMA 945 and I have latest driver and to in other distribution blender works fine.
    Pleas help it is very big problem for me.
    You say you have the latest driver, but are you sure its 3d accelerated ?

    I doubt this is the best forum for help with this , thusly I would go here for help

    irc.freenode.net
    #blender

    many friendly people in there to help

    cheers
    nl
    One Heart at a time-

    http://heartseed.sf.net

  3. #3
    bee Guest
    Type in your console:
    [bee@localhost ~]$ glxinfo | grep rendering
    direct rendering: Yes/No/Maybe

    do you have the direct rendering enabled?

    bye!!!

  4. #4
    Leoryk Guest

    direct rendering

    Quote Originally Posted by bee
    Type in your console:
    [bee@localhost ~]$ glxinfo | grep rendering
    direct rendering: Yes/No/Maybe

    do you have the direct rendering enabled?

    bye!!!

    yes i have.i think problem is in glibc because i have i686.I have asked people and if Blender works fine it was on glibc i386.I don know maybe it is stupid idea, but i cant reinstall glibc on i386.

    And my graphic card works fine with compitz in gnome and in KDE with other 3D effects, but I disable it because i need not.

    [root@Libra Leoryk]# glxinfo | grep rendering
    direct rendering: Yes

  5. #5
    Leoryk Guest

    Support

    On irc chanel #blender people dont know where is problem.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue in Fedora 10 running on my e-machine and, believe it or not, my eee pc. Blender has distorted fonts, missing icons, and other bizarre distortions. It will render the default box model but is unusable otherwise.

    I use Ubuntu, XP and Slax with no problem running Blender. I would really like to understand Fedora and get serious about it but this problem with Blender is a show stopper.

    It is very difficult to find information on this problem with Blender running in Fedora 10. On a positive note, everything else works great in Fedora.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay! I fixed the Blender problem with the advice found here:
    http://www.ghacks.net/2009/01/14/fed...ution-of-xorg/

    I needed to create an Xorg.conf file and configure my computer for standard vesa.

    This works and clears up the distortions I had in Blender.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Osijek, Croatia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demosthene1
    Okay! I fixed the Blender problem with the advice found here:
    http://www.ghacks.net/2009/01/14/fed...ution-of-xorg/

    I needed to create an Xorg.conf file and configure my computer for standard vesa.

    This works and clears up the distortions I had in Blender.
    Can you please share you xorg.conf? I have Intel graphics card and on Fedora 10 I have the same issues on same laptop under Fedora 9 everything works fine!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Blender fix

    I'm at work so I don't have all my information about my xorg but it was a simple setting. I just used standard vesa, nothing fancy. But you need to create an xorg file in Fedora 10 because it doesn't come with xorg.conf.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Osijek, Croatia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that the issue is in intel driver and not in X.org, because Fedora 10 and latest blender worked perfectly on other laptop running ATI graphic card.

    But on my laptop with intel graphic card it failed

    But when I tried it on Fedora 9 it worked perfectly - Fedora 9 also has no xorg.conf file.

    Please post your xorg.conf file when you are able to - TIA!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Osijek, Croatia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the bug causing this issue:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=479153

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Below is an excerpt from a blog that solved my Blender problem. I did the steps and installed the software. When you are in the program you will see the "vesa" option:

    "One of the first things you should do, when you finish an installation of Fedora 10 is check in /etc/X11 to see if there is an xorg.conf file. If there is not you need to issue the command Xorg -configure :1. What this will do is generate a default xorg.conf file based on your hardware.

    Your next step can be tackled in a couple of ways. You can edit the xorg.conf file by hand (for advanced users) or you can install the system-config-display application with the command yum install system-config-display. Once you get that installed you can run the application (as root) with the command system-config-display. From that point the GUI tool should be pretty straight foward to use."

    http://www.ghacks.net/2009/01/14/fed...ution-of-xorg/

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Xorg file that fixed Blender for me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Valent
    Can you please share you xorg.conf? I have Intel graphics card and on Fedora 10 I have the same issues on same laptop under Fedora 9 everything works fine!
    Here it is:

    # Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

    Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "single head configuration"
    Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    EndSection

    Section "InputDevice"

    # keyboard added by rhpxl
    Identifier "Keyboard0"
    Driver "kbd"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc105+inet"
    Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    EndSection

    Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "Monitor0"
    ModelName "LCD Panel 1280x1024"
    HorizSync 31.5 - 64.0
    VertRefresh 56.0 - 65.0
    Option "dpms"
    EndSection

    Section "Device"
    Identifier "Videocard0"
    Driver "vesa"
    EndSection

    Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Screen0"
    Device "Videocard0"
    Monitor "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth 24
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 24
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

Similar Threads

  1. f10 and Blender
    By S. Chapelin in forum Hardware
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd September 2009, 10:54 PM
  2. Blender 2.45 bug
    By 601210 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31st October 2007, 02:02 PM
  3. Blender
    By Berticus in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15th November 2005, 10:35 PM
  4. Blender
    By cederstrom in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th August 2005, 08:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •