Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th December 2008, 11:46 PM
pwalden Offline

No dvdstyler in F9?

I upgraded my F7 to F9. However, my instance of dvdstyler was stuck at dvdstyler-1.4.1-.lvn7.i386 from the livna 7 repo.

I un-installed it, and tried to re-install hoping to get the newer 1.5 version, but I cannot find it in any F9 repo.

The strange thing is that another F9 instance I have has dvdstyler-1.5.1-2.lvn8.i386 installed.

Any ideas as to where to get yum install compatible dvdstyler? Can I force it somehow from livna 8?

Phil
Old 6th December 2008, 07:10 AM
pwalden Offline

I tried downloading the dvdstyler-1.5.1-2.lvn8.i386.rpm F9 rpm from http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat....i386.rpm.html
and did a
Code:
yum localinstall dvdstyler-1.5.1-2.lvn8.i386.rpm
However I get an error when I try to run it:

Code:
[pwalden@walden4 ~]$ dvdstyler
dvdstyler: symbol lookup error: dvdstyler: undefined symbol: _ZN9wxSVGCtrl13sm_eventTableE
Old 6th December 2008, 07:20 AM
pwalden Offline

I went back to the other F9 instance that had a working dvdstyler 2 or 3 days ago, and it now has the same error

What is going on
Old 7th December 2008, 07:49 PM
pwalden Offline

Looking into RPM Fusion, this problem has already been reported. However, it is dependent on a wxSVG reported defect. So it will take awhile to resolve.

Meanwhile all F8-F10 dvdstyler instances are now broken
Old 14th December 2008, 04:30 PM
aboden Offline

successful build

Hi all. A small update on dvdstyler in fedora 8 & 10 (and I hope I'm not overstating the obvious!)

Having the same trouble as reported by others, I finally got sufficiently motivated and downloaded source from the dvdstyler webpage (http://www.dvdstyler.de/; v 1.7.1) I have been successful in building and running dvdstyler on both my f8 & f10 boxes, but I found I also needed to download the wxsvg library (v1.0) from the dvdstyler page, AND remove the wxsvg-1.0.2 package (again, both f8 & f10). dvdstyler would not correctly build against the packaged wxsvg!

Hopefully it won't take too long to correct the issues in the pre-packaged versions and I can revert to distributed packages.

Good luck (and good holidays) all!

- Andy
Old 14th December 2008, 05:31 PM
Firewing1 Offline

Until the problems at RPM Fusion are worked out, you can compile some dvdstyler and wxsvg RPMs manually... It is a bit of a pain since you'll need to install a bunch of development packages, but I've prepared a build of dvdstyler that works with wxsvg-freeworld. If you haven't setup an rpmbuild environment already, you can do so like this:
Code:
yum install rpm-build rpmdevtools gcc gcc-c++ automake autoconf gettext libtool wxsvg-devel
It's very important you run from here on as your regular user, so exit the root shell and then:
Code:
rpmdev-setuptree
Now that the rpmbuild environment is ready, time to build the packages (this is again as your regular user - never build RPMs as root, it can cause serious damage to your system if there's a packaging error in the .spec):
Code:
cd "$(rpm --eval %{_sourcedir})"
wget http://koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/wxsvg/1.0/4.fc10/src/wxsvg-1.0-4.fc10.src.rpm
wget http://downloads.diffingo.com/rpmfusion/dvdstyler-1.7.1-3.fc10.src.rpm
wget http://downloads.diffingo.com/rpmfusion/wxsvg-freeworld-1.0-3.fc10.src.rpm
rpmbuild --rebuild wxsvg-1.0-4.fc10.src.rpm
rpmbuild --rebuild wxsvg-freeworld-1.0-3.fc10.src.rpm
rpmbuild --rebuild dvdstyler-1.7.1-3.fc10.src.rpm
Install any development packages that it requests, and at the end of each build process you'll see a bunch of "Wrote:" lines - you'll need to install (in this order) wxsvg and wxsvg-devel, then wxsvg-freeworld and wxsvg-freeworld-devel, then finally dvdstyler.
Firewing1

Last edited by Firewing1; 14th December 2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Syntax error
Old 25th January 2009, 07:58 PM
pwalden Offline

I just received notification on this problem that the dvdstyler 1.7 will be available shortly in rpmfusion.
Old 25th January 2009, 08:05 PM
Firewing1 Offline

Yup, as of ~10 minutes ago DVDStyler is now available from rpmfusion-updates-testing. It should take about a day to propagate around all the mirrors.
Old 19th February 2009, 02:38 AM
bellairs Offline

DVDStyler in F10 hangs

Just clicked Burn DVD (doesn't matter if it is just generate or Generate ISO) It gets to Create VOB files and goes to 100% CPU and no progress. Empty title0-0-0.vob file is created and then serious nothing.

I have current F10 2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.i686 kernel and Gnome 2.24.3 and got a clean download and install of dvdstyler-1:1.7.1-4.fc10 (i386). Any suggestions on how to find what I'm missing?
Old 19th February 2009, 05:11 AM
Firewing1 Offline

I'm not sure, but it looks like a compatibility problem with the recent snapshots of ffmpeg we have in RPM Fusion - I'm building 1.7.2b5 now to see if the problems are fixed and if so, I'll push an update later.
Old 20th February 2009, 06:32 PM
pwalden Offline

It does sound like a dvdauthor problem.

One thing to try is to see if all the temporary file get generated properly. Normally dvdstyler deletes them after success or failure. To retain them from the dvdstyler main menu:
  1. Configuration > Settings...
  2. Select the Core tab
  3. Check the box Don't remove temp files
  4. OK

When you attempt a burn, the temporary files that are created and fed to dvdauthor will remain. You can then run dvdauthor stand-alone on these files to see what happens. You can also run the generated menu mpeg files in movie players to see if there are problems there.

Tags
dvdstyler