Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th February 2009, 01:03 AM
piga Offline

Well, I finally got my hands on the full version of Prey and installed it on my computer. This time I have had no problems when I comes to textures, and I have no idea why the demo refused to work for me. And unlike with Doom3, it does not crash on me: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=200325

Decent enough game, though the levels get a little too confusing as you go along...
Old 18th February 2009, 01:11 AM
Thetargos Online

I just got my copy only a few days ago, also. Pre-ordered from TuxGames on Nov 03 and they finally shipped until Feb 03 ... At any rate, I finally got it and am actually beyond what you see in the demo, my only gripe is that while I was waiting on it, I initiated another run through Doom3/Quake IV and am currently finishing those up, taking my time also, as I really liked the QIV plot and combat, especially in those "halls of death", and currently going through Doom 3: RoE. Next week it'll be all for Prey

FedoraForum Community forums lurker.
Fedora user since RHL 5.2 :cool:

Systems: Laptop, Main System, Netbook.
Old 18th February 2009, 05:31 PM
YeOK Offline

I just got the demo after seeing this thread. Liked it so got me a copy from amazon.

thanks for the heads up.
Old 20th February 2009, 02:10 PM
ppesci Offline

Nice game. Downloaded the demo and play it. The only problem with it is I must put SELinux in permissive mode and after I play, desktop effects in KDE is no more and my theme is replaced by oxigen. Restarting KDE solves the problem.

The nice thing are my laptop machine is not overheat by this 3D game!, and the graphics / effects are really good.

PowerBook 15" G4 and
MacBook Pro 17" Intel Core 2 Duo
Intel I5 Desktop
Old 9th March 2009, 07:57 AM
piga Offline

This game has got to be one of the longest shooters I have ever played. Makes you kind of wish for the traditional Doom style episode format, so at least you knew you were approaching the end of something after the eight level...

Still a good game though...
Old 7th August 2010, 07:23 AM
piga Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Prey coming to Linux...

I have just played through it again, and the pacing and length seem a lot more reasonable now that I have upgraded my system. Those wide open puzzle areas and spaceship battles really dragged down the frame rate for me on my old video card. My Radeon HD 3650 of course runs the game at high like a charm.

I especially liked the fast pace of the final boss battles, as it really gave the end the sense of energy it needed to finish of the game. Back on my old card I could not really appreciate that of course.
Old 29th August 2010, 11:39 AM
Pyux Aquila Offline

linuxubuntufirefox
Re: Prey coming to Linux...

I so badly didn't spend enough time playing this game in single player mode... I bashed around with it online a lot, but never went all the way through the story... Must go an install it and have a run through methinks

Tags
coming, linux, prey