Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st November 2008, 11:04 AM
tmalkiew Offline

D-Link DWL-G510 rev B

Hi,

This is my first post in these Forums although I use it excessively on a daily basis in my beginner career with Fedora.

Just wanted to share my expierience with wireless card and Linux. I had been trying various distros in the past on my Laptop (Compaq with Broadcom wireless card) and the difficulties of getting it work with any distro was the main reason for putting Linux away on the shelve.

Couple of months ago I built my desktop pc myself (GA-M57SLI-S4, AMD64 DC 6000+, 2x GForce 8600GT SLI) so I decided to give Linux another go... and again I found it difficult to get my D-link DWL-G510 wireless card working. Eventually I succeeded with Fedora 9 after about 4 hours of fiddling around with different drivers and methods of installation. Unfortunately I faced new problem with Nvidia drivers... so I ended up with complete new installation (partitions wiped out) of Fedora9. And then.... after first boot as root I was amazed to see that immediately after booting to GUI my wireless card was up and running without any configuration... isnt that strange???

Anyway that's it... today I will be fighting with my Nvidia drivers... wish me luck...

Tom

Sorry if my English isn't perfect.

Tags
dlink, dwlg510, rev