Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th November 2008, 02:01 AM
logularjason Offline

Axel: That's a pretty famous bug - it details how 64-bit support was "deferred to a future release" for 5 years...
Old 29th November 2008, 09:54 AM
joorab Offline

Thanks this fixed my problem although i must say the sound volume is extremely low but never the less i have some sound

thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh123@linux View Post
I have made a rpm for the new 64 bit plugin

Code:
su
yum erase flash-plugin nspluginwrapper* 
wget http://www.dfm.uninsubria.it/compiz/fusion-testing/flashplayer.x86_64/flash-plugin-10.0.d20.7-1.fc9.x86_64.rpm
rpm -Uvh flash-plugin-10.0.d20.7-1.fc9.x86_64.rpm

It should work for any version of Fedora
Old 29th November 2008, 06:21 PM
marko Offline

Quote:
Thanks this fixed my problem although i must say the sound volume is extremely low but never the less i have some sound
Make sure to check all the mixers: Kmix, Pulse audio volume control and the volume control in the
flash app itself, all of them add up to make the volume. You may need to activate channels in
kmix that aren't even visible (run Kmix, pick "Settings" Menu and from that "Configure Channels"
and experiment with the channels. It's possible an important channel is not showing and has
a low value. What you could try is unhide them all,
experiment with each one. Hide the control channels that your hardware doesn't use as you
try each one. This will make later usage of kmix easier.

If you use Gnome there should be a similar mixer to KDE's, I don't use gnome so I'm not sure what this would be
Old 29th November 2008, 07:06 PM
scottro Offline
Retired Community Manager -- Banned from Texas by popular demand.

Apropos of this, I was finding that sound worked with everything but flash. However, I only checked on Youtube. When it finally dawned on me to check the volume, I saw that the Youtube volume was set to super low.
Old 2nd December 2008, 03:08 AM
rhomp2002 Offline

Leigh123,

Bless you and your progeny unto the 7th generation of the 7th generation. That worked perfectly and even made sense to me. Thank you.
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:47 PM
raparici Offline

Hi all,

This has been a big step up. After enjoying the new plugin with Firefox, I tried to set the plugin to work with konqueror using Kmplayer. Kmplayer uses the new adobe plugin fine when thrown an swf, however I don't see the “Embedded MPlayer for KDE” option under the embedding tab in the file association konqueror menu. I tried to install kmplayer through yum, as well as compiling it, I restarted KDE but the damn option does not appear so that I cannot use kmplayer to use the adobe plugin when browsing with konqueror. What am I missing? I have been following this how to:

http://mikearthur.co.uk/2007/12/konq...e-flash-howto/

It is made for 32bit plugin with 32bit konqueror although it should be the same in the 64/64 case imho.

cheers,

Ruben
Old 3rd December 2008, 07:58 AM
leigh123linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by raparici View Post
Hi all,

This has been a big step up. After enjoying the new plugin with Firefox, I tried to set the plugin to work with konqueror using Kmplayer. Kmplayer uses the new adobe plugin fine when thrown an swf, however I don't see the “Embedded MPlayer for KDE” option under the embedding tab in the file association konqueror menu. I tried to install kmplayer through yum, as well as compiling it, I restarted KDE but the damn option does not appear so that I cannot use kmplayer to use the adobe plugin when browsing with konqueror. What am I missing? I have been following this how to:

http://mikearthur.co.uk/2007/12/konq...e-flash-howto/

It is made for 32bit plugin with 32bit konqueror although it should be the same in the 64/64 case imho.

cheers,

Ruben

I works OK here with the attached kmplayer rpm

you will need to make a link for the menu entry

Code:
su
cp /usr/share/kde4/services/kmplayer.desktop /usr/share/applications/kde4
The commands needed are different

Quote:
HOWTO:

1. Install KMPlayer (version 0.10.0c or higher). It is included in all the major distributions I’ve ever used. Ensure it is installed/compiled with the “NPP” backend enabled which allows the playback of Netscape XEmbed plugins (this depends on your distribution).
2. Run KMPlayer so it creates its config file. Close it. (This step probably isn’t necessary but it won’t do any harm)
3. Run the following commands:

Code:
kwriteconfig --file kmplayerrc --group "application/x-shockwave-flash" --key player npp
kwriteconfig --file kmplayerrc --group "application/x-shockwave-flash" --key plugin /usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
#

4. Change the “libflashplayer.so” section depending on where the Adobe Flash plugin was installed on your distribution. The above example is where it is installed on Gentoo. (People have replied below with where it is stored on various systems. If you can’t find yours, you probably have a locate program installed so trying running “locate libflashplayer.so” for an idea.).
5. Open Konqueror and click “Settings > Configure Konqueror…”. In the new window navigate to “File Associations” in the left-hand panel and select “application/x-shockwave-flash“. Click the “Embedding” tab and click “Add..“. Select “Embedded MPlayer for KDE” from the new window. If it is not there then you may need to restart KDE or run “kbuildsycoca” from a terminal. Close all the opened windows.
Attached Files
File Type: rpm kmplayer-0.11.0-1.fc9.x86_64.rpm (830.8 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by leigh123linux; 3rd December 2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:13 AM
raparici Offline

Yes ! I missed the link for the menu entry. Thanks for all the value you do provide in this forum. I installed compiz-fusion through the repo you provide without any issue. Fedora looks better than ever.

cheers,

Ruben
Old 10th November 2011, 01:12 AM
santiagobear Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: New x86_64 adobe flash plugin (alpha)

Is there any way to install the LATEST flash-plugin in Fedora 14 for Firefox 7?

Tags
64bit flash, flash plugin adobe x86_64