Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th October 2008, 06:10 PM
jonaskellens Offline

fedora 9 on acer aspire one

Problems installing Fedora 9 on Acer aspire One 150-Ab

With unetbootin + Fedora9live iso I've made a bootable usb.

I installed Fedora 9 on the aspire one by clicking the icon on the desktop 'install to harddrive'.

After install and reboot the startup is rather slow and linux hangs on a certain point for several minutes and then continues...

After loging in I get the message that there is a kernel error but I can continue using the system.

On http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Acer_Aspire_One this problem is known.

Where I'm stuck now is the following :
I need to activate or my wireless card (atheros) or my ethernet-card (realtek). So I can update my kernel and stuff...

When I do lspci both the cards are displayed.

I've blacklisted ath5k and want to install the latest version of madwifi but when I give the command 'make' I get the message that make is an unknown command...

Don't really know what to do now...
Old 11th October 2008, 07:13 PM
scottro Offline
Retired Community Manager -- Banned from Texas by popular demand.

See http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaiju...less.html#5007

That's the card it's using.

Were there issues with the wired network card for you? I don't recollect even trying with the wired one.

At this point, however, I'm planning on getting the 6 cell battery 160 gig hard drive model, wipe XP and put on Fedora.

Tags
acer, aspire, fedora