Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th October 2008, 03:00 PM
arangamani Offline

Unhappy Using internet under a time restricted squid....

Hi friends and gentleman,

I am new to Linux..
I have a passion on linux and I have installed linux( fedora) in my laptop soon.
I am an engineerong college student.
In my college there is a proxy and a squid. It's programmed such a way that it allows the users to use internet connection only for certain time periods. As the no of users using the internet is enormous, that time i can't browse well.

[The scenario here is :
We are connected to the router (Wi-Fi) and we are not allowed to browse. If we try to browse I can get only error message from the root.]

I heard that some of my friends use internet even during the restricted time by bypassing the squid. Is there any software for this purpose?? Or it is a service offered by linux..

One of my friend said that he used a software called "proxyman" for this purpose..I'm not sure..

I am eager to know the your reply..

Tags
college, proxy, proxyman, restricted internet usage, squid

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules