Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th September 2008, 07:08 PM
chrishunt Offline

PPPoE help

Hi, I've tried looking through the forums but no joy.

I have an issue with a PPPoE configuration. I have Fedora 9 running inside Sun VirtualBox on an XP machine. On fedora I have an application (client provided) that sets up a PPPoE connection across a satellite terminal to the clients network. The PPPoE setup is succesful. After the PPPoE is setup the application adds the following route

ip route add 0.0.0.0 via 192.168.254.1

192.168.254.1 is provided during the PPPoE setup. The PPPoE connection has a IP from the clients network and the P-t-p address of 192.168.254.1 all of which I can see from ifconfig. Right, now the problems

1) with SELinux enabled I can get no traffic out of my VM. Disabling SELinux allows traffic, ftp, ping whatever from my VM to be seen on my local network (I have wireshark running to see this)

2) the src adress of the IP packets once the PPPoE link is established is the IP address of the VM rather than the IP address of the PPPoE connection.

Anyone any ideas whats causing these issues?

thanks in advance.

Chris

Tags
pppoe