Need some Fedora core 10 guidance. I am not a Linux person.
I have 2 HP DL580 running Fedora Core 10 and we are adding 1 QLE2462 to each servers with a 4GB External Fibre RAID enclosure w/4.2TB useable, 300GB SAS drives in a raid 6
One of HP server already has the OS loaded.
The other I will be loading the OS from scratch.
1. Does Fedora 10 come with drivers pre-loaded?
2. If not do I just download the latest from QLogic page using the RH driver? What drive should I use?
3. The other server we are loading from scratch. If we have the HBA in the server will it automatically load the driver during the loading process (post)? Somebody told me yes?
4. Does Fedora support over 2TB limitation? If it doesn't do I have to edit anything in the kernel to have it support over 2TB? Or is automatic? I think as long as it supports 64-bit LBA addressing, I should be ok and the kernel is above 2.6.
I think I can run # dmesg | less to verify.
5. Multiple LUN support? If I have multiply LUN's will the OS see all or will it only see LUN 0 by default?