Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 13th September 2008, 08:33 AM
sn68 Offline

Change Desktop wallpaper as per time of day Solved

Hi folks

I am using fedora 8, the desktop wallpaper used to change color as per time of the day, till I decided to change the wallpaper. Now when I restored the default wallpaper, it does not change as per time. How do I configure the desktop to default setting/ how to change wallpaper as per time of day?

Thanks

sn68
Old 13th September 2008, 08:37 AM
Demz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn68
Hi folks

I am using fedora 8, the desktop wallpaper used to change color as per time of the day, till I decided to change the wallpaper. Now when I restored the default wallpaper, it does not change as per time. How do I configure the desktop to default setting/ how to change wallpaper as per time of day?

Thanks

sn68
is the wallpaper actually set to default? . there maybe 2 of the same wallpaper in Appearance.. make sure its the Default. .it should be called Fedora Default or something similar
Old 13th September 2008, 08:48 AM
sn68 Offline

There were three of them

1. Default
2. Default wide
3. Fedora infinity

Mine was set currently as Default wide, have changed it to Default, will have to check after few hours is the wallpaper changes.

Any way to manually do it with a different set of wallpapers?

Thanks
sn68
Old 13th September 2008, 08:51 AM
Demz

Try Fedora infinity
Old 13th September 2008, 01:22 PM
bryancole Offline

When you move the mouse over each available wallpaper, it shows a pop-up window which includes the file type: "JPEG", "SVG", "slideshow" etc.. You want a slideshow one.
Old 13th September 2008, 03:22 PM
sn68 Offline

Thanks Demz & bryancole

The Desktop started changing colors, it was Fedora Infinity which was a slideshow type of wallpaper

Regards

sn68

Tags
change, day, desktop, solved, time, wallpaper