Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 30th August 2008, 10:45 PM
Saher Offline

it's take a long time and dose not enter when I'm using any user except root

Hi all
it's take a long time and dose not enter when I'm using any user except root.. that happen when I'm try to install compiz by using this commands

su -c 'yum remove compiz'
rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/compiz
su -c 'yum install yum install compiz-fusion compiz-fusion-gnome compiz-fusion-extras compiz-fusion-extras-gnome compiz-manager gnome-compiz-manager ccsm fusion-icon fusion-icon-gtk emerald emerald-themes'

then

Auto start
GNOME:

Go to System -> Preferences -> Personal -> Sessions and click Add. Then type what you see in the screenshot.

all that commands done with out any problems but when I want to use compiz I mean try some affects dose not work at all so I'm just restart my pc then that problem come if I try to enter to F9 with any user it take a long time and dose not enter ..exept the root so I'm creat a new user but it's have same problems
I don't have any 3d card
so how to fix that ....
Old 31st August 2008, 02:31 AM
JohnVV Online

a few things at some point one of the admins will most likely rename your title
and read this by Bob "Posting In The Forum"
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=183405
i did not read far enough
Quote:
I don't have any 3d card
then you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE compiz-fusion

-------------- do not do the fallowing it will not work without a 3d card--------------------------------------------------------------------
then in " Guides & How-To Articles " read " compiz-fusion 0.7.7 for F8 & F9 repo"
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=173317

h t t p ://celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/show_creator_details.php?creator_id=10

Tags
dose, enter, long, root, time, user