Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 23rd August 2008, 04:30 AM
Wayne

Unhappy Alpaha LiveCD

So, I bit the bullet and downloaded the Gnome LiveCD yesterday. It suffers from the same problems as F8 and F9 in that the radeon driver is still busted and can't see the DVI port on my Radeon 7200 card...

Appending mode=vesa resolution=800x600 to Grub doesn't make any difference, it still wants to load the radeon driver and gives me a blank desktop with a mouse cursor and a monitor error "Input Not Supported"

Dropping to a Terminal once disk activity has stopped and typing:

nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Gives me a new empty file! Running "system-config-display" also gives me the "Input Not Supported" monitor error and running "setup" and trying to configure X from the text mode utility just sits there...

It looks like F9 will be my last Fedora unless they get that darn Radeon driver fixed! I only filed a bug report last December and it's now only 8 months later so I probably haven't given them enough time!

Wayne
Old 23rd August 2008, 04:39 AM
Demz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne
So, I bit the bullet and downloaded the Gnome LiveCD yesterday. It suffers from the same problems as F8 and F9 in that the radeon driver is still busted and can't see the DVI port on my Radeon 7200 card...

Appending mode=vesa resolution=800x600 to Grub doesn't make any difference, it still wants to load the radeon driver and gives me a blank desktop with a mouse cursor and a monitor error "Input Not Supported"

Dropping to a Terminal once disk activity has stopped and typing:

nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Gives me a new empty file! Running "system-config-display" also gives me the "Input Not Supported" monitor error and running "setup" and trying to configure X from the text mode utility just sits there...

It looks like F9 will be my last Fedora unless they get that darn Radeon driver fixed! I only filed a bug report last December and it's now only 8 months later so I probably haven't given them enough time!

Wayne
hopefully they fix it , wont be the same if you cannot use fedora10 unless you win the lotto
Old 23rd August 2008, 04:49 AM
Wayne

Greg,

I'm holding my breath......

Not!

Wayne
Old 23rd August 2008, 04:55 AM
Demz

i know what its like not being able to use your most favorite Distro,, i couldnt use Fedora Core 4, wouldnt install at all, i think i had a ATI card in those days , but dont give up , perhaps fedora11 if not 12 will work for you
Old 23rd August 2008, 07:50 AM
Wayne

OK. Appending:

xdriver=vesa resolution=800x600

Almost worked! It was trying to load the desktop and couldn't quite make it though Perhaps I should try again without the "resolution" part... Don't have time now, have to go out and do a job and it'll be almost beer time when I get back

Wayne
Old 23rd August 2008, 07:52 AM
Demz

im 2 beers up on you, goodluck in getting it working,

Tags
alpaha, livecd