Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd August 2008, 10:20 PM
Unparallelogram Offline

Wifi Uses CA Certificate in .cer Format

Our school has a secure wifi network that requires we log in. While we can use it without importing a CA cert, that's insecure and probably even against the rules for security reasons. We're provided two CA files in .cer format. Technically Linux is unsupported and these are directions for Mac OSX. But they work closely enough up to the point where network-manager refuses to import a .cer file.
Old 12th February 2009, 04:34 AM
TuxBobble Offline

I wonder if anyone has gotten help with this issue? I'm having a similar issue with my school's network. It uses 802.1x dynamic WEP, PEAP with the Equifax Secure Certificate Authority. I know my logins and domains, as well as anonymous authentication...but I wonder if anyone is able to get this dynamic WEP working?

Tags
cer, certificate, format, wifi

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On