Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st August 2008, 03:04 PM
sdaniels Offline

MySQL 5.0.67 on FC6???

I am running several production servers with FC6 and MySQL 5.0.27. I need to upgrade the MySQL to 5.0.51 or higher but I don't want to upgrade the entire OS. Is it possible to upgrade MySQL only? I have scoured for some instruction on how to do this and have had no luck at all. I have tried the generic Linux RPM from MySQL.com and it complains about dependencies and won't install. yum updates does not have anything later than 5.0.27.

Please help if you can! I am a relative newbie to doing Fedora admin even though I've had these servers in production for a couple years now. A testament to how rock solid they are I guess.

Tags
fc6, mysql

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FC3 and mysql administrator and mysql query browser elmargaro Using Fedora 0 7th November 2005 07:01 PM
How to install mysql MySQL-server-4.0.26-0 FC2 or Upgrade 3.23.58-16.FC2.1 from to 4 niloshima EOL (End Of Life) Versions 1 28th October 2005 07:25 PM
MySQL: Can't open privilege tables: Incorrect information in file: './mysql/host.frm' benjamin.choi Servers & Networking 1 25th June 2005 05:19 PM
Install mail server from Postfix/CyrusSASL2/PAM-MySQL/MySQL/Dovecot/Amavisd/Clamav chengcsw Guides & Solutions (No Questions) 7 26th April 2005 09:38 PM

Current GMT-time: 18:48 (Sunday, 23-11-2014)

TopSubscribe to XML RSS for all Threads in all ForumsFedoraForumDotOrg Archive
logo

All trademarks, and forum posts in this site are property of their respective owner(s).
FedoraForum.org is privately owned and is not directly sponsored by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Term of Use | Posting Guidelines | Archive | Contact Us | Founding Members