Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th July 2004, 12:06 AM
BinWalid Offline

unixODBC and OpenOffice

I installed (with RPM's) MySQL server 4.0.20 on my FC2 along with the MySQL Client and MySQL Administrator and MyODBC. The Adminitsrator lets me sign in, recognizes the sever and I can view my database (the tables and fields). So far, so good.

When I try to add the DB to OpenOffice as a new MySQL daabase, OOo opens the unixODBC dialog box, I press "Organize" (the button that lets you add and define a server), and unixODBC returns an error stating that it can't find the file libodbcinst.so - or that maybe it's corrupted.

I checked into it, and libodbcinst.so is installed in /usr/lib as it apparently should be.

I have a similar setup in my WinXP partition, and everything works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by BinWalid; 28th July 2004 at 07:32 PM.
Old 4th August 2004, 09:16 PM
siwoods Offline

OpenOffice & MySQL

Hi BinWalid

I have set-up the MySQL OpenOffice link using the MySQL version and MyODBC that came with FC2 (Disk 3 if you want to use it). I followed the OpenOffice and MySQL 'How-to' by John McCreesh and it all seems to be working well. I've connected to the test database no problem.

Could it be a problem with using version 4? Version 3.23.58 is the one on the disk I used.

If you want to know more details of my set-up please ask.

regards
SiWoods
:o
Old 5th August 2004, 12:11 AM
BinWalid Offline

Right. I suppose I'll have to try the Fedora distribution. It's just that my data from the office is all stored in a 4.0.18 database with a Hebrew codepage. Let's see if it's backwards compatible with 3.23.58...

Will try (probably not until Saturday night).

Thanks much,
BinWalid

Tags
problems, unixodbc