Originally Posted by Pinn2
This might seem like a couple of stupid questions....
1. Do you have autofs installed?
2. Did you happen to have a blank CD installed when you got the error?
3. Do you have any 'strange' drive mappings that aren't connected when you get the error?
1. Erm.. Not that I know of. rpm -qa | grep -i autofs returns nothing so unless it's installed some other way, no.
2. Yes! .... Well not blank, but a RW DVD. I do a weekly backup, run from a cron script that erases the existing contents of the DVD then writes the backup data. I just leave it in the slot...
3. I don't understand the question. What exactly should I be looking for?
My system is back to segfaulting, but with the DVD out of the drive it does work! So I really think that the blank disc thing is part of the answer.
I just put the same disc back in and it still works... Ho hum...