So the time has come to replace my desktop rig (current details in signature), and I've decided to splash out on the following:
- Coolermaster Cosmos S case
- Intel Core2Quad Q6600 CPU (G0 stepping) - 2.6GHz @ 1066MHz FSB
- Asus P5K-E Wifi-AP motherboard
- 2GB PC2-8500 DDR2 memory (running at 1066MHz)
- 22" HannsG monitor (HDMI - 1680x1050) - replacing one of the 17" TFTs
I've read very favourable reviews of the ATI HD4870 GPU, and I've also read claims regarding ATI's supposed change of heart on Linux support, so I'm considering buying one.
Does anyone have any practical real-world experience with running an HD4870 with Fedora (either 8 or 9)?
Before the smart-alecs chip in, I have Googled and searched the forums but come up with not a lot as the card is pretty new, so some practical advice would be appreciated