Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th July 2008, 09:57 AM
ghostdawg Offline

New System

Hi all. I'm building me a new system and would like to know if anybody have had any experience with this Biostar GF7050V-M7 motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138095

If so what are your thoughts?

Thnx.
Old 10th July 2008, 06:04 PM
A.Serbinski Offline

First thoughts are that it has an nvidia chipset and nvidia integrated gpu. Thats bad since nvidia refuses to provide documentation required for the development of an open source driver for their graphics chips.

If you want integrated graphics, look for something thats ati or intel.
Old 10th July 2008, 06:13 PM
GordoTheGeek Offline

I've been doing battle with one for a couple of days at work. It won't boot ANY linux distro that I've thrown at it. It just hangs at "running /sbin/loader"
Old 24th July 2008, 05:46 AM
ghostdawg Offline

A.Serbinski, I went ahead and got the mobo before reading your post. I'm beginning to wish I had read it first. I got Debian installed so far and only problem seems to be getting video driver I want, 'nv'. I will be installing Fedora by this weekend.

GordoTheGeek, sorry to hear of your problems, but I didn't get that with Debian. Waiting to install Fedora next. I'll see what happens.

Thnx.