Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th June 2008, 11:24 AM
talei Offline

Fedora 9 KDM Problem

Hi,

I have recently installed Fedora 9 on a Fujitsu ST5110 tablet PC. (This was a fresh install on a machine that was previously running Fedora 7).

There is a problem with KDM and its greeter. I have edited /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0 to launch xvkbd (virtual keyboard) so that I have a keyboard to enter username and password into the greeter login box. (This is what I did in Fedora 7 and this worked perfectly).

However, on Fedora 9 the greeter login box comes to the foreground and my keyboard is hidden.

If I launch xvkbd with the option "always-on-top" I can now see the keyboard but I can't press any buttons with the pen/mouse. I can only login using external usb keyboard.

Once I have logged in, I can use xvkbd normally - it is just during the greeter login that it won't work.

I have tried running kdm without themes and backgrounds, but this made no difference.

Any suggestions ????

(I know I can configure autologin - but I wish to be able to use the login box).

Thankyou.

Talei
Old 16th June 2008, 11:28 AM
Wayne

Thread closed. Double posting is not allowed on this forum and you have triple-posted. Read the forum guidelines at the top of the page before posting again.

http://www.fedoraforum.org/?view=guide

Also look at the link in red in my sig

Wayne
Closed Thread

Tags
fedora, kdm, problem