Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th June 2008, 02:23 AM
ScottFavor Offline

Thumbs up EZcosmos now works with wine

I just installed the latest updates and suddenly EZcosmos will run under wine. In the past it could not read one of the files, and couldn't figure out the Sin and Cos functions necessary for it to proceed. At least the 64 bit version update of Wine that I downloaded today, June 10 2008 is now working with the program.

The last update that I downloaded of Wine over the weekend resulted in the computer freezing whenever I attempted to run it with anything, so I was waiting for another update in the hope that there'd be a fix in the new version.

I haven't tried every function with the EZcosmos program, but I changed the dates and it correctly updated the solar co-ordinates. If you lose the star labels, go into Display | Object Types and re-select stars, somehow it also restored the constellation names that I lost spontaneously on the screen and couldn't recover any other way.

I have a screen shot. If you have a large screen, you will have to reduce the window for EZcosmos to display. Otherwise it will look like it's drawing random lines.

I do have a question. What is that window with winevdm.exe doing on the screen? It also appeared while running an old windows version of the AH dictionary. It seems to be some kind of terminal, but it never showed up with wine before.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EZcos_wfriend.png
Views:	143
Size:	531.9 KB
ID:	16350