Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 7th June 2008, 05:58 AM
whisker Offline

Wire-Help (iwl3945)

Hello..

This could be another iwl3945 topic, but I hope that it will not...

Guess what ?? I have intel 3945 chip for wireless.

For 2 weeks now maybe more, I face problems with my wireless.

In the beggining NM couldn't connect me. Soooo I wrote a small script to connect me mannually.

Code:
iwconfig wlan0 essid "****" key s:**********;
dhclient;
These are the main instructions.In the begging everything was going fine, and I have noticed that after my script I coule even restart the NM and get connected through it.

After a while NM stopped functioning totally and now not even my script works.

If it manages to connect me, after a few seconds while steal connected firefox doesn't load the pages, thunderbird cannot connect to the mail servers amsn the same, only skype and ktorrent work properly !!!!!! How cacn I be partially connected !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The most annoying thing is that sVista and kUbuntu connect and function properly. But all my stuff is in Fedora ..

More, I use WEP. In my faculty that they have a keyless wireless I connect without a problem !!

For 2 weeks I am fighting with this ****. Installing and erasing different kernels, searching for ipw3945 and I don't know what else.

Please some help to debug my problem !!

Thanx in advance.
Old 7th June 2008, 06:11 AM
Dan Offline
Administrator

Title edited for guidelines compliance and clarity.
Old 7th June 2008, 06:50 AM
ozjd Offline

why are you searching for ipw3945? It was replaced by iwl3945 during the life of F8.

You don't say what version of Fedora you are running but as you are connecting to an unsecured network without problems there must be a problem in your WEP setup. You could turn off WEP for a short time and see if you can connect then. If so turn security back on, WPA if you've got it, it is more secure, and see if you can get it working that way.
Old 7th June 2008, 04:39 PM
whisker Offline

Yes I forgot to give some details.

First I have Fc8. Second I can't change the settings in the router. I live in a house with others (students) and I can't start playing with the router.

Before some months I had problems with the iwl and I had used the ipw for a few time.
Old 7th June 2008, 05:47 PM
whisker Offline

Ok, so I tried to connect to the router through eth0 and I had the same results !!!!

Firefox, thunderbird,msn not connecting the servers.
Skype and torrent working properly !!!!

Still windows had no problem.

Do you have any idea what should I search for ???

Tags
iwl3945, wirehelp