Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd June 2008, 08:38 PM
awesomo Offline

Installing new LaTeX style files

I want to install the amsaddr package to help with some slides I'm making in beamer. I'm using Kile as my LaTeX frontend. At work I use Windows XP and WinEdt as the text editor. In WinEdt, it is possible to have packages not already installed download automatically if they are declared in the preamble. Is this possible in Kile too? If not, can anyone tell me how and where to manually install the package I want?

Thanks for any help.
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:06 PM
Mariano Suárez-

You can go to CTAN (google will find it easily) and use its search facility to find your package.
Then you can create a directory at /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex named `amsaddr' and put the files there. After that, run `texhash' as root.

(Notice that amsaddr works only for amsart---I doubt you can use it with beamer...)
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:41 PM
awesomo Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariano Suárez-
You can go to CTAN (google will find it easily) and use its search facility to find your package.
Then you can create a directory at /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex named `amsaddr' and put the files there. After that, run `texhash' as root.

(Notice that amsaddr works only for amsart---I doubt you can use it with beamer...)
Hi Mariano Suárez, that's great. Thanks very much for your help. (y)

Tags
files, installing, latex, style