Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st June 2008, 11:41 PM
jason_f Offline

User created desktop files, getting them in the menu..

I have some .desktop files I made under a different distro before switching to fedora, that launch some games in dosbox. I copied these files to /usr/share/applications, but they are not showing up on the gnome menu.

I did a side-by-side comparison between them and desktop files that are showing up in the menu, other than a version statement they seem more or less the same. Also verified permissions were the same on both.

I do realize I could manually add them to the menu, but I have 8 users on the system and would rather not repeat adding 15 shortcuts, 8 times, manually..

Is there a command I can run to add these globally, or is this supposed to JustWork(tm)?

Tags
created, desktop, files, menu, user

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On