<---- template headericclude ----->
Samba and webdav permission problem
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    nichwang Guest

Samba and webdav permission problem

I have a Fedore Core 2 PC as server and Internet gateway/firewall, and I am using Samba to share files in my LAN and using webdav to share the files for Internet users.

However, I found that
    1) the files created via webdav sharing (with owner apache) is readonly to other users except user 'apache' and
    2) the files created via Samba sharing (when login as, saying, nick) is readonly to other users except 'nick'.

How to make the files/directory created via webdav sharing writeable to group? and same for samba case? Thanks.

Jman Guest
    I don't see a way to change the webdav. Check out Apache's online docs to try and prove me wrong.

The config entry for samba you are looking for is create mask. In the [global] section of your /etc/samba/smb.conf file, add
    Code:
    create mask = 0777
    to allow everyone read/write/execute, for example. I found this with the documentation of the swat samba web configuration tool.

nichwang Guest
    Thank, Yes, the samba is ok. However, the mod_dav seems not a direct way.

Can I change the "Group apache" option in the httpd.conf to 'Group mygroup' so the files created by dav client will enable the write permission for group mygroup? and what's problem if the group is changed?