Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st May 2008, 03:44 PM
captaincanada Offline

Fluxbox FC9

Dist,

I posted this originally in the x64 forums, but have since switched to just the x86 version (because i'll not need more than 4gb of ram in this machine).

In any case, I tried installing fluxbox using the "yum install fluxbox*" command, and that worked, it also installed the artwiz fonts.

However, when I get into fluxbox and attempt to use the "Run" window, whatever I type in appears as follows:

I didn't have this issue in fedora 8 at all, so am not sure why it's happening here. For whatever reason I can't process the artwiz fonts. I'm not a big graphics guru, and would say I am relatively new to *nix still as well. So any help that ANYONE can provide, would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sean.
Old 21st May 2008, 07:04 PM
captaincanada Offline

So I managed to get this working, but only after I applied the patch to put fglrx on the machine. Does this make sense that I would have to have fglrx in order to process these fonts?

For now it'll do, and eventually i'll reverse the changes once a proper fglrx comes out in the yum repositories because right now my xorg has been downgraded to that of fc8.
Old 10th June 2008, 08:24 PM
Gundumfx Offline

hey, what would i do if i got a NV card? i have sorta the same issue, cept its just the title bars messing up, normal console works fine, the font looks like a really grainy misaligned version of normal letters.

Tags
fc9, fluxbox