Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 19th May 2008, 07:41 PM
zardoz Offline

Angry Fedora 9 Installation "no drives found" Mylex DAC960

I am trying to install Fedora 9 on my Intel L440GX+ motherboard with a Mylex DAC960 RAID controller.

Fedora 8 worked perfectly and installed with no problems on the disk presented from the DAC960 as /dev/rd/c0d0.

Fedora 9 does not allow me to install to the same drive, even though both parted and fdisk can see this drive and the partitions on it when booted off the F9 installation media.

Anaconda does not show the drive at all during the disk layout configuration and instead reports "No Drives Found" as an error box.

Does anyone have a way of forcing Anaconda to show this perfectly valid device and allow it to be configured as an installation target? This is a MASSIVE retrograde step as I have multiple servers of this architecture.

Thanks
Z.

Last edited by zardoz; 19th May 2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 20th May 2008, 04:38 PM
zardoz Offline

Raised as : Bugzilla Bug 447552: Fedora 9 Installation "no drives found" Mylex DAC960
Old 29th May 2008, 08:22 PM
zardoz Offline

I think this has gone into the Bugzilla "black hole", never to be seen again.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=447552

Tags
dac960, fedora, installation, mylex, no drives found