Something I can not find the Manager of a window of an input in system gdmsetup?
Something I can not find the Manager of a window of an input in system gdmsetup?
I can't configure the login window in F9. In F8 there is a gui called "Login Window" in the System - Administration menu (it calls /usr/bin/gdmsetup) where I can set some options. Is there something else for F9 ???
Hello:
http://live.gnome.org/GDMGDM Rewrite
A rewrite of GDM is underway. On 15 October 2007, the new design replaced the existing SVN trunk.
At the moment, this rewrite provides a functional login program, but is missing some features which are in the last stable (2.20) branch. It would be great if more people could get involved to help complete the rewrite.
The existing stable branch will continue to be maintained with bug fixes until the rewrite is ready. Apologies for any inconveniences this causes while we are working on this rewrite.
See /NewDesign for details.
GDM (last edited 2008-04-15 23:15:50 by AndrewCase)
http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration
Seve
Registered Linux User: #384977
.................................................. ............
See the Links below for more Help and those much wanted extras ... :)
Thanks for the answer!
Hi, as a way round it is possible to still use the f8 gdm, but dont advise it
http://dnmouse.webs.com/autologin.html
Hello all.
It is possible to edit /usr/share/backgrounds/waves/waves.xml to customize your GDM background.
This is not the cleanest solution, but does work.
Instructions and example here: http://www.hacktux.com/fedora/gdm/theme
Hope this helps.
Is there a way to change the picture displayed next to each login name?
I've done it ugly way ... don't recommend to do it the same way as it will affect some other programs that might use system icon stock. I've substituted "stock_person.svg" in /usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/generic/ .. to my avatar. It has to be in svg format.
So...yeah...was this "rewrite" ever completed? FC10 is now out and still no gdmsetup for FC9. Tell me to upgrade to FC10 to get it fixed and I won't be happy...
Swill
And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
Nope, not yet, maybe by Fedora 11..... or 12
Wayne
Why was the login window feature removed. This was well handy and allowed you to login to the gui remotely which is critical for what i need to do.. FC8 was a good release for me 9 and 10 are going backwards in my opionion feature that were there are now missing and fedora is treating the user like a dumb ***k....aka ubuntu... If i want to login as root let me for christ sake.....Fedora is making things more difficult to do rather than easier. Why remove the login window feature... Yes rewrite the code but don't smash the old one up before you have a replacement!
... All hail Windows 7!
Last edited by dodyryda; 24th February 2009 at 09:59 PM.
at least in ubuntu everything works ( including xrandr S-video option for radeon, including t43 thinkpad volume buttons (no writing of your own scripts ) etc. ) .... fedora is now only on one of my machines .. used to be on 3!![]()
Think I'll give it a go, need to rebuild a server anyway .. The whole reason I used Fedora (7) when initally set up the server was the fact it didn't prevent root login. Why do all big companies copy each other rather than find their own path?
they were not removed .The code for GDM is being rewrote and this is only a " it's working, sort-of" build of the current dev code.Why was the login window feature removed.
OpenSUSE 13.2-64bit & Scientific Linux 6.6-64bit ( fedora 4 to 11) and 20 on KVM
My Celestia Downloads
h t t p ://celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/show_creator_details.php?creator_id=10
the functionality was removed, I used to be able in FC8 to ssh in to my box and then vnc to the gui login window and then logon to my machine by allowing this via options in the menu 'Login Window' - this functionality was extreamly useful and has been removednow if a power blip or something unforseen happens and computer reboots I cannot get access to my desktop remotely as the session is logged off and you can only connect via a logged in session..