FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Kosorukoff Guest

    Exclamation Crash Fedora Core 9 on MSVirtualPC 2007.

    Hi! Fedora Core 9 on MSVirtualPC 2007 fail. See attached screen. ISO is correct (checked). LiveCD and LiveKDE crashes too. When FC9 starts choose "Install..." (both from top). And after some seconds will be crash...

    In the same VirtualPC configuration Fedora Core 8 work correct.

  2. #2
    Kosorukoff Guest
    Sorry, forget attach...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use kernel option noreplace-paravirt. You don’t need the i8042.noloop option if using VPC2007, but I think you still need it with VPC2004, maybe with VPC2004-SP1 too. The rest looks the same as for F8 (I didn’t test this completely, for now I don’t have enough time to do it).

  4. #4
    jpatton Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SaGS
    Use kernel option noreplace-paravirt. You don’t need the i8042.noloop option if using VPC2007, but I think you still need it with VPC2004, maybe with VPC2004-SP1 too. The rest looks the same as for F8 (I didn’t test this completely, for now I don’t have enough time to do it).
    That worked perfect for me, I believe the i8042.noloop is used for wonky video once the gui install starts.

    http://blogs.technet.com/seanearp/ar...l-pc-2007.aspx

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpatton
    … I believe the i8042.noloop is used for wonky video once the gui install starts…
    No, i8042.noloop is for the ‘mouse stuck in the center of the display’ problem. Since some mouse probing does not work on some systems, developers added special cases, by listing known system names/ IDs, when this i8042.noloop is taken automatically. Sometime ago, they added the ID for VPC2007 (‘VS2005R2’), which is the same as the one for MS Virtual Server 2005 R2, to the list. I think, but have not verified, VPC2004 and VPC2004-SP1 have a different ID, so for them the i8042.noloop may still be needed. And Microsoft just released VPC2007-SP1…

  6. #6
    Kosorukoff Guest

    Thumbs up

    SaGS - thanks a lot! Kernel option "noreplace-paravirt" solved a problem!

Similar Threads

  1. Fedora Core 4/Virtual PC 2007 Keyboard Bounce
    By Reno in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th January 2008, 08:02 AM
  2. gdb crash on fedora core 4
    By sanaka985 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th March 2006, 06:25 AM
  3. Fedora Core 4 crash !
    By ashu0204 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th January 2006, 09:09 AM
  4. Fedora core 4 crash
    By manstt in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23rd November 2005, 03:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •