in F9 gdmsetup is gone and you have to edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf by hand
I added Enable=true to the [xdmcp] section
tried to connect using xming from a windows box
no go
used this for info
http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration
any ideas?
Dave
in F9 gdmsetup is gone and you have to edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf by hand
I added Enable=true to the [xdmcp] section
tried to connect using xming from a windows box
no go
used this for info
http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration
any ideas?
Dave
F20
Asus Z97 mobo
I7 4790k QuadCore running @ 4.0GHz
32 Gig DDR3
dual NVidia 660 GTX
As F9 hasn't officially been released yet, moved to F9 Alpha/Beta
Wayne
Hello,
same problem with FC9 final. Tried:
/etc/gdm/custom.conf:
[xdmcp]
Enable=true
[chooser]
[debug]
#Enable=True
[security]
DisallowTCP=false
[daemon]
but still -nolisten tcp:
May 16 07:37:40 WSNAME gdm-simple-slave[2203]: DEBUG: GdmServer: Starting X server process: /usr/bin/Xorg :0 -br -verbose -auth /var/run/gdm/auth-cookie-XX26ZZAU-for-gdm -nolisten tcp
I spent few hours playing with custom.conf instead of 3 clicks in gdmsetup which has been dprecated. Also there's no template for gdm/custom.conf anywhere, no help ... please help.
Thx
MP
Hi
I have the same problems. 2.22 gdm is not bleeding edge its bleeding painful
The schema can be found at
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gdm/trun...in?view=markup
The following post seems to confirm the worst, it doesnt work
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux...ra.devel/84965
So all users beware. If you were using XDMCP to maintain multiple systems ( I do ) then 2.22 is a bad move at this time.
Mike
This inability to get xdmcp listening breaks a lot of things like LTSP.
I was hoping to update to F9 but without this working I can't.
Anyone suggest a workaround?
This is an easy test to see xdmcp is not listening:
netstat -ap |grep xdmcp
I've tried editing /etc/gdm/custom.conf
AAaargh I have the same problem !
Is there any workaround to have xdmcp available again with F9 ?
It is now a widely known issue, and a lot of people are working on it... I hope that by weeks end, it should be resolved... I think that the programers really missed the ball on this "xdmcp" issue with a lack of the ohh' so conveinent "gdmsetup" config utility on FC9, I haved used FireWing1's VNC server setup for a long time, and value its functionality on my home lab, and more importantly work client servers... UGH!!!...Originally Posted by Malbrouck
Hang tight, and everybody keep messing with it for solutions...![]()
irie111![]()
Any updates on the GDM xdmcp issue? I saw there was an update to fc9 this weekend, but gdm was not listed in the update.
I temporarily switched to KDE/kdm. Gnome is somehow problamatic anyway: I use Xming xserver - no problem with KDE, not working with Gnome
MP
I'm still waiting a fix for this as well...
The gdm is not responsible for the change in custom.conf.
So, it do not listen for tcp port 6000 or udp 177.
In another words, it do not support remote x server through telnet and xdmcp.
I am waiting for the upcoming patch.
Does anybody has some info about this upcoming patch ?
No info about the patch I'm afraid, but the bugzilla entry is here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=446224
init 3
rpm -e gdm
rpm Uvh gdm-2.20.5-1.fc8 fedorainfinity-gdm-theme-8.0.1-1.fc8
there are no missing dependencies and it will work just fine.
Hello observer, thanks for the trick.
However If I downgrade to fc8 gdm I'll have some troubles next time I run a "yum update" on my system, isn't it ? Yum will upgrade to gdm 2.22 again and the problem will be back.
I'm still hoping xdmcp will be part of gdm again one day...