Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 6th May 2008, 01:20 PM
balusss Offline

Angry post-install failed

i was updating from f8 to f9-beta. it took lot of time and after installing all packages from the dvd, it said "updating system...." and then hanged. I had to manually reboot it only to find that my system's icons, desktop settings etc are not as they are to be. But not any fatal erros are observed as yet.
if i can redo the process whatever that is, after installing all the rpms, i think my desktop would be fine once again. I am quite comfortable with linux but this problem, i don't have an idea of how to solve.
can somebody help me?
Old 6th May 2008, 01:26 PM
Brain1127 Offline

do you use KDE?
kde 4 desktop settings seems not same like kde3
Old 6th May 2008, 01:31 PM
balusss Offline

yes yes. i use and kde and observed the differences. but then, i also observed all my packages are in doubles, i mean, for example i have two 'RealPlayer-XXX' rpms and such duplicate rpms are in tens of numbers. i had to manually remove all those duplicates in order to make those applications work. is there anything like 'post-install' script which i can run once again?

Tags
failed, postinstall