Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > The Dungeon > Archived (Click Header To See Sub-Forums) > Alpha - Beta (Fedora 9 Only)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Alpha - Beta (Fedora 9 Only) Post Development Version comments and questions that don't belong in Bugzilla here. These posts will be moved or deleted once the Final version is released

Old 28th April 2008, 05:03 PM
John.F Offline

Question Weird menu behavior after Fedora 9 upgrade

Hi everybody,

After upgrading to kernel 2.2.25-8.fc9.x86_64, I've noticed that the first section (down to the first separator bar) of the menu "Places" is not working properly. Like if I click on 'Home' it starts the XMMS App. In fact, *any* choice in that section opens XMMS. I have the feeling it doesn't have anything to do with XMMS, which has been installed for a while and is still working properly.

Is there a way that I can edit the choices and the targets in that section of the menu? Using 'System>Preferences>Look and Feel>Main Menu' doesn't allow to edit that section of the menu...

Help needed...

Last edited by John.F; 28th April 2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 28th April 2008, 09:15 PM
John.F Offline

Question Weird menu behavior after Fedora 9 upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.F
Hi everybody,

After upgrading to kernel 2.2.25-8.fc9.x86_64, I've noticed that the first section (down to the first separator bar) of the menu "Places" is not working properly. Like if I click on 'Home' it starts the XMMS App. In fact, *any* choice in that section opens XMMS. I have the feeling it doesn't have anything to do with XMMS, which has been installed for a while and is still working properly.

Is there a way that I can edit the choices and the targets in that section of the menu? Using 'System>Preferences>Look and Feel>Main Menu' doesn't allow to edit that section of the menu...

Help needed...
After more digging into the problem, I'm starting to think that the culprit might be in some of the gnome updates that I did just before upgrading the kernel...

Last edited by John.F; 28th April 2008 at 09:18 PM.

Tags
behavior, kernel, menu, upgrade, weird